Before you bring in your device
Follow these steps before you take your device to an Apple Store, Apple Authorised Service Provider or carrier. If your device won't turn on or respond, finish as many steps as possible:
- Back up your iOS device.
- Have your Apple ID password ready. For some repairs, you'll need your Apple ID password to erase your device and turn off Find My iPhone.*
- If your iPhone needs battery service, have the battery percentage at 30% or less when you bring it in, if possible.
If you haven't already, call to check whether you need an appointment before you go to a service location. When you go, remember to bring these items:
- Your sales receipt (if possible), in case your service requires proof of purchase
- Your device and any accessories that you need help with
- A form of personal identification, such as a driver’s licence, passport or other government-issued ID
* If you're unable to turn off Find My iPhone, Apple might not be able to service your device. This policy is in force to prevent unauthorised persons from servicing your device without your knowledge. If you don't remember your Apple ID and Password, please go to iForgot.